Sunday, June 23, 2013

Meet a Volunteer Summer Series: Garry


Name: Garry

Neighborhood: Ballston

Favorite place in Arlington: My favorite place for food or happy hour is Chevy's.  I spend a lot of time outside and I like to walk around Ballston.  My favorite park is Bluemont Park.

Favorite volunteer event: Family Ice Skate Night With Therapeutic Rec.  I like to ice skate, so it's a lot of fun to skate with kids and adult participants and with other volunteers.  Close 2nd are the Therapeutic Rec adult dances.

Why I volunteer: It's fun!  I like doing things for others, so I feel like volunteering is my passion.  I like that CVN has a great variety of events and people are usually more social than in other organizations I've volunteered with.  Recently I've been getting involved with Therapeutic Recreation.  Their Family Fun Night is awesome and I'm looking forward to helping out at some of their summer camps!
 .

No comments:

Post a Comment