Message From the Chair
I'd like to thank everyone who helped make Family Ice Skate Night with Therapeutic Recreation last week one of our best events! Both the participants and our volunteers had a great time. After the event, I received a lot of positive feedback for CVN as the staff greatly appreciated the help provided by our volunteers. Check out the photos of this event and the stream clean-up earlier this month on the CVN Flickr page. And we have a new volunteer event tomorrow: Easter Egg Hunt Volunteers. This event was a lot of fun last year, so I hope you'll consider joining us!
Also, Arlington County is hosting a Volunteer Appreciation Celebration on Sunday, April 21st from 3-5PM at NRECA Conference Center, 4301 Wilson Blvd. This Celebration is to thank volunteers for their hard work and that includes you!
Even if you have only attended one CVN volunteer event, I highly encourage you to attend as it will be a great opportunity to hang out with other CVNers and learn about all the different ways that volunteers are involved in the County. Please RSVP by April 14 (indicate 'CVN' in your rsvp) and look for me when you arrive: http://tinyurl.com/celebration2013rsvp.Garry Knobler
Find us on the web
Upcoming CVN Events
- Easter Egg Hunt Volunteers - Tuesday, March 26, 6:00-7:30pm | APAH is bringing a fun community event to the families living in Courthouse Crossings Apartments...an Easter Egg Hunt! Volunteers are needed to help with the set up, implementation and clean up for the event. Come on out and help stuff the eggs, hide the eggs and even run some arts and crafts for the children. Register here.
- April Meet-up @ Ragtime in Courthouse – Tuesday, April 9th, 7:00-9:00pm | Join CVN at to learn more about our upcoming events and meet fellow volunteers. Register here.
- Gardening at ATS Schoolyard – Sunday, April 14th, 2:00-4:00pm | Please lend a hand with the monthly crew of CVN volunteers helping out in the garden at Arlington Traditional School. Newcomers and regulars are welcome to join us for landscaping projects large and small. This crew is continuing to transform the ATS garden into a fun space for kids to learn outdoor. Register here.
- Tuckahoe Elementary School Garden - Sunday, April 28, 2:00-4:00pm | Join CVN at a gardening/landscaping session at Tuckahoe Elementary School. We'll be helping to maintain the diverse natural habitat at this neighborhood school so students can engage in interactive outdoor learning. Whether you're a green thumb or a gardening newbie, you're welcome to come on out! Register here.
- Hunger is No Joke - Arlington Food Assistance Center, Friday, April 5 | More details.
- Potomac Watershed Cleanup - Arlingtonians for a Clean Environment, Saturday, April 6 | More details.
- Shred for Bread - Arlington Food Assistance Center, Saturday, April 13 | More details.
- Green Living Expo - Arlingtonians for a Clean Environment, Sunday, April 21 | More details.