Thursday, June 6, 2013

Meet a Volunteer Summer Series: Julia


Name: Julia

Neighborhood: Clarendon/Lyon Village

Favorite place in Arlington: For food, Minh's or Rocklands, for outdoors, the Potomac Heritage Trail

Favorite volunteer event: Every garden work day!

Why I volunteer: Volunteering is how I participate in my community. Since starting with CVN two years ago, I’ve met people from all over Arlington County and helped several organizations serving people in our area. Although I’m a transplant from Pennsylvania, Arlington is becoming my home. What I love about CVN is that if you have an idea that fits within the mission of the organization, you can get it done. I volunteered to take-over coordination of the Tuckahoe Elementary garden work days because I believed that a great garden was valuable to the students. Every garden day we can see the progress CVN has made.

1 comment: